THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 4, 2010

Rough Night, Rough Morning, Time to Blog!

So the amazing boyfriend I told yall about? Yeah, he told me he needed a break last night (well this was last week sometime, I never got around to posting this blog). He's going through a lot right now, so maybe he really just wanted a break, but I've heard that line before. A break usually means a break up, so I'm not keeping my hopes up. I already decided I'm too strong to cry anymore about a guy, so I'm just going to take a deep breath and plunge head first into school, work, blogging, and getting ready for Disney. Enough with the sadness... Good news! I found my roommate! I'm very excited to be rooming with her and can't wait to finally meet her! Other good news, now that my ex won't be coming down to see me that weekend, I can go to the character audition! So let's see, what to tell yall about today... I don't really have any questions to go off of, so I'm going to tell  you a bit about the points system.

The point system and your record card is your life at Disney. If you want to go seasonal, you need a good record card, if you want to change roles (after your program), you need a good record card. Your record card is based on a point system. Here's a basic break down of the point system (at least what I can remember of it).
Late (even by 1 minute) -1/2 point on your record card
Late over 2 hours- 1 point on your record card
No Show- 1 point on your record card
Call out*-1 point on your record card.
Don't clock out -1/2 point on your record card
Don't clock out on time -1/2 point on your record card.

*Calling out with for any reason will give you this point. Unless you are given an ADO (authorized day off), calling out will cost you 1 point.

See how these can really rack up??? So be careful not to get too many. I was recently told that in order to extend or go seasonal, you need to have LESS than 4 points on your record card (they just changed this from 7). So be careful!!

Also, you can get reprimands. They have safety reprimands and attendance reprimands among others. I'm not sure how safety reprimands work, but attendance reprimands work like this. (unless they changed it) If you have 3 points during your program, you will get a reprimand. At 6 and 9 you should get additional ones. Your managers will be notified that you have too many attendance points the day you go over 3 points (that means the next time you are late or get any number of points in another way). When you get a reprimand, it isn't good. At 3 reprimands you can (and most likely will) be terminated.

Just remember, your record card is your life. Keep track of your points, and work to never get any. If you are late for a reason out of your control (like if your bus breaks down), you need to talk to your manager IMMEDIATELY! If it's possible, talk to them before you clock in. They may be able to help you out. Managers are there to help you.

I feel like this blog is very down, so I want to let you know that although record cards suck, there aren't many other things that do! Next blog, I promise will be about a much happier subject. If you have suggestions, questions, or comments. Either e-mail me or comment below. Have an amazingly wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------
e-mail questions to amber.wdwcp.blog@gmail.com
-----------------------------------------

0 comments: