THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Do I Wear?

This time last year, I was beginning to pack for this amazing adventure that you willl soon be experiencing. I am so excitied for each of you! Well, real quick, you're probably thinking, what clothes do I need? Well, I'm going to break it down for yall! First off, you need to decide how much time you're willing to spend doing laundry. If you KNOW you aren't going to do it once a week, I'd advise packing more, if you don't mind doing laundry, pack less. (This list is going off of what I wore as a girl from Texas where 60 degrees means I need a jacket, but hopefully it will still help).
Since you're going in the Spring, you'll need a mixture of winter/spring/summer clothes. In January, expect a lot of wind, and temperature anywhere from 40 degrees up to 75 degrees. February is the same way. The average for March is 60-75, and by the end of March expect the 80s. April and May are almost exactly like summertime (80+ almost every day). If you're Spring Advantage, it only gets hotter from there. If you extend, it starts getting colder in October at the earliest (and by colder I mean 60s). After October expect the "winter" of Florida, but at any given moment, it could spring right back up to the 80s.
As I said, you'll need a variety of clothes.
Nothing too heavy, mostly hoodies and light jackets or sweaters will work for the "winter" days. A wind breaker would be great, but you won't typically need anything for the cold.
You'll need a mixture of pants and shorts. In Florida one day may be shorts weather, and the next pants weather. For you girls, I'd suggest bringing a sun dress/skirt or two, if you're into those things. I loved wearing sun dresses when it was nice out.
As for tops, again, a mixture of summer/winter shirts will work nicely. For you girls, make sure to bring some tanks and bring cute sweaters too!
As for shoes, I'd bring sneakers and flip flops. For girls, bring a couple of pairs of going out shoes as well. Whatever you do, don't overpack on the heels. I love wearing heels, but I honestly only wore heels once the 5 months I was down there.
Don't forget your bathing suit! Bring a few if you have them. I lived in my bathing suit, and you the beach is not too far away. Make sure to make a trip to see the beaches of Florida! (Just not in March. Spring break crowds are CRAZY)
Now, don't forget the typical underwear/socks/bras that kind of thing. If you're into bright colorful socks, make sure to bring some plain black/white socks for work. They won't let you wear the neon ones. Oh and ladies, make sure you have a white bra for work. Multiple times I forgot this, and let's just say I prayed it didn't rain that day. Yes, you may wear white and yes, if your bra is brightly colored, they can see your bra through it rain or shine.
As for work shoes, you'll need nonslip soles, but they'll tell you the color when you get there. You can buy work shoes at Walmart, just make sure you bring the money for it.

Also, don't forget your Disney Look clothes for Traditions and class days (if you're taking any).

Have a magical day!

0 comments: