THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busted AC in Texas... NOOOO!!!!

So today at the office every woman has her hair up in a ponytail, is rolling up her pant legs, and pushing up her sleeves. I guess that's what happens when the AC doesn't work in Texas when it still feels like summer outside! That's pretty much all that's going on in my office today, but I did get another e-mail from our dear friend Angela. She had some more valuable questions that I'd like to share with yall.

Roommates:
How many roommates did you have and did you all get along?

I lived in a three-bedroom apartment in Patterson Court, which means there was a total of 6 of us in one apartment. It was actually very nice having 5 roommates. There was always someone home to hang out with and we all got along amazingly. The only major fights any of us had was towards the end of the program, but we all made up in the end and love each other regardless. I talk to all my former roommates at least a few times a week still.
I’ve heard a few horror stories about roommates, but for the most part, roommates tend to get along from what I’ve seen and they actually turn into some of your best friends on the program.

Did you already have your roommate before you arrived? (Is it bad to arrive without a
roommate?-Currently do not have one and am moving in on the 19th)

Last program, I signed up for the Disney Roommate Matching system. I met my first roommate through there and we messaged on facebook back and forth up until check-in. Now, this roommate ended up getting termed after 2 weeks at Disney, so another person got put in our apartment, but we got along well too. I know a lot of people do that or meet their roommate through facebook or something like that. That’s what I plan to do this time. It’s perfectly fine however, to go there without a roommate. I know people who have done it and made great friends with there roommates.

Once all the roommates have arrived do you decide who will share rooms or had everyone already agreed who they would be rooming with?

For me, I had already chosen who to share a room with. When we got there, the picking of the rooms was first come first serve. If everyone you room with doesn’t have a roommate they already know they want to share with, then you can decide when you meet.

Character Auditions:
Do you know of anyone who has auditioned for character roles in the past?

I have seven friends I can think of off the top of my head that has auditioned for character roles. Of them, three were immediately accepted for the role, one was pended, and two were not accepted into the role. The advice I always hear about this role is to do everything BIG!

Do most people who audition receive a role?

Unfortunately, not everyone receives an entertainment role that auditions. The role is very limited to those who fit the requirements and have the skills to do the role correctly. That doesn’t mean however, to not audition. If you can try, do! If you get the role it’s amazing, and if you don’t it was a great opportunity nonetheless.

Misc.
Do you get to choose whether you work in a resort or a park?

You do not get to choose where you work. You can put in a request, but they are not guaranteed. They will place you where you need to. If you want to put in a request though, you can e-mail them at wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com.

Are there a lot of QSF&B roles at resorts?

QSF&B is everywhere! Every place that sells food that is not a restaurant with a waiter/waitress is considered quick service! So this role can be anywhere. If you’ve been to a resort, you know that each resort has a place to get food like hamburgers, pizza, snacks, and other foods. These places are quick service, so yes, there are a lot of quick service at resorts. There are a ton at the parks as well.

Do you get to choose or request which park you work at?

This question I already answered above, but no. You can’t choose which park to work at. You can, however, e-mail them a request, but requests are not guarantees.

I hope this helps!

Well I hope everyone's staying cool out there. I'd be more cheery if I wasn't sweating! As always, e-mail me questions and have a magical day full of pixie dust!

-----------------------------------------
e-mail questions to amber.wdwcp.blog@gmail.com
-----------------------------------------

0 comments: